Work with us!
BeeBee Wraps is growing fast and we are always on the look out for the next member of Team BeeBee.
Our team is a close knit group of people who are all working towards making a big impact on plastic pollution and food waste.
Any vacancies will be listed below, however, you can always send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team BeeBee's Christmas Party, at the pub after work in the summer and pizza making at BBHQ to celebrate Oli's 30th Birthday.
George, Rebecca, Lauren and Eloise expertly trimming, folding and packing BeeBee Wraps.
The job on offer
The main duties of the role are helping to assemble our eco products - key tasks include cutting, folding, packing and quality control checks. Tasks in order fulfilment include picking and packing orders. Some computer use is involved.
We expect the right candidate to be ready to roll up their sleeves and join in all the everyday tasks which are part of a fast moving small business.
The person we're looking for
- You should have an interest in taking care of the natural world.
- We need somebody who is reliable and can work accurately. You must be literate and numerate and have at least a basic level of computer skills.
- You should be switched on and have a ‘Can do!’ attitude.
- It’s important that you have respect for others and can get along in a team.
- Positivity and cooperation are key traits required for this job as everyone is working closely together in achieving a daily target.
- You must be open to learning and doing new tasks, and be able to show initiative when appropriate.
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK.
- Location: Cambridge City east
- Transport: Close to cycle and bus routes, free car parking available
- Start date: ASAP
- Hours: Full-time - initial hours are Mon to Friday, from 3 pm until 11:00 pm. Occasional weekend work may be required with prior notice. This is either paid or given as time off in lieu.
- Duration: This is a fixed-term, 3 months contract during a very busy time. Based on your performance and the ongoing growth of the company, the duration of the contract can be extended. Other team members who joined us on a casual basis have become permanent members of the team.
- Deadline: Ongoing - please get your application in ASAP.
Important note about applying
If you are interested in this position, please submit a covering letter or short message explaining why you have applied. This is because we receive a large number of applications, and it's really helpful to understand why people would like to work for us.
Get in touch
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
- Flexible working hours (see details above)
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
Business Development Manager
We are seeking a Business Development Manager to lead and deliver on our ambitious vision of growth.
A successful candidate will take ownership of streamlining, standardising and developing revenue streams, working with the CEO and Communications Manager.
They will be joining as a senior member of our small team and we hope that their personality will be an integral part of the culture we are building.
Successful delivery of this role is crucial to the success of our vision for 2020 and beyond, and will lay the foundations of how our business grows.
- Think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business measured by increasing revenue
- Work strategically - carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
- Working with the CEO, plan a sales strategy across all four major revenue streams: B2C, SMEs, Majors and Cobrand
- Working with the Comms Manager to plan sales campaigns
- Carry out sales forecasts and analysis, reporting to senior management
- Streamline the sales pipeline process across all four major revenue streams to standardise the experience for customer rewarding them with a repeating, dependable, excellent service.
- Plan and implement new elements to sales processes and pipeline
- Create operational manuals/flow charts to document best practice
- Identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- Seek out the appropriate contact in an organisation
- Develop a portfolio of elevator pitches appropriate for the audience
- Develop strong relationships with customers/clients face to face, over email or phone
- With CEO develop new products from conception to implementation
- Seek out most beneficial trade shows to attend and develop presentation collateral
- Working with Comms Manager develop assets for sales and marketing
- With sound knowledge of our financial model, confidently negotiate pricing with customers/clients
- Liaise with the finance, production and fulfilment, marketing and customer services departments as appropriate
- Disseminate all changes with appropriate level of training and support
- Willing to travel for meetings with strategic and high level contacts
- At least two year’s experience in a business development role with a proven track record of sales generation
- Proactive, confident approach towards meeting new people and presenting our company to a wide ranging audience
- A deep understanding of marketing principles
- Analytical, data driven methods
- Strong competence in building fail-safe, replicable processes
The ideal candidate will have
- Good business sense
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive attitude
- Negotiation skills
- Plenty of initiative and able to work independently
- A valid UK driving licence
The ideal candidate will be
- Passionate about sustainability and impact
- Motivated by new challenges
- Able to make independent decisions confident they are aligned with the company strategy
- Excited to join a small team and willing to roll their sleeves up and join in
- Salary to be discussed
- Annual company performance related bonus
- Part time or condensed hours possible
Get in touch
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Accountant with progression to Finance Manager
We’re currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant with the potential to develop into our Finance Manager as our business continues to grow rapidly.
We need somebody who already has at least 1-2 years of experience in a Finance role and with a good understanding of bookkeeping and double entry accounting, ideally including accounting for stock. You will probably be part-qualified and/or have an AAT level qualification or be studying towards one.
You will have an interest in learning and developing your experience to progress your career. You will cope well in a constantly changing environment and will thrive in a fast-paced business where there can be pressure to meet deadlines. You will have a positive ‘can do’ attitude for getting stuck in to whatever work needs to be done to support the company’s growth.
You will have an interest in environmental and sustainability issues.
Our founder Kath Austin started BeeBee from her kitchen and made the first sale in April 2017. Over the last 3 years the company has grown rapidly and now employs 15 people. We have made beeswax wraps for Sky Ocean Rescue designed by celebrities including Cara Delevingne, and we now supply household names including Abel & Cole, Milk & More, the Woodland Trust and the RSPB. Last year Kath braved the Dragons Den to pitch to investors, and we’re now busy expanding our range of products, with big plans for 2020 and beyond.
A bit more about the role
The Assistant Accountant role is the key finance person for the business. They will work initially with the support of a bookkeeper who is stepping down, and there is also a part-time Finance Director who currently carries out many of the accounting duties. As BeeBee continues to grow it is hoped that the person who takes on this role will develop into a new role of Finance Manager, gradually taking on more responsibility for all financial aspects of the business, and potentially other areas such as HR.
The key tasks for this role will eventually include:
- Day to day bookkeeping
- Customer invoicing and credit control
- Supplier/staff payments
- Sales analysis and reconciliations
- Stock/manufacturing accounting
- Month End journals, reconciliations & P&L review
- Management of the fixed asset register and depreciation
- Financial reporting
- Budgets/cashflow forecasting
- Bank reconciliations
- VAT reporting
- Payroll preparation and submission of information to the payroll agency
- Reviewing/approving purchase orders
- Collating information for the insurance
There are also always new projects such as preparation of financial information for funders, creating profitability models for new business opportunities, and working on system improvements and documenting processes.
Location: Cambridge City east, close to Newmarket Road and Stourbridge Common.
Transport: Close to cycle and bus routes, 1.6 miles from Cambridge North railway station, free car parking available on site
Start date: ASAP
Hours: Full-time or close to full-time – our standard hours are Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm but some flexibility is possible. For this role at least 30 hours per week would be required on site on at least 4 days of the week due to the fast moving environment and the need to get to know the business and apply this understanding to the company finances.
Deadline: Please get your application in ASAP.
Salary: £20,000 to £25,000 for the Assistant Accountant role, depending on experience and qualifications. Discretionary bonus scheme based on company and personal performance.